Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Angie Harmon is Living Well

Style Shout Out to Angie Harmon who truly is living well.

Angie Harmon & Jason Sehorn
When I say that Angie Harmon is "living well" I don't mean because she relocated with her family to Charlotte to ensure her children have a "normal" childhood away from the spotlights of Hollywood, or because she is a talented actress and style icon, or because she is married to Jason Sehorn who is one of my favorite NY Giants of all time.

I say she is living well because she is also the Mom of three who is working diligently in conjunction with Hidden Valley and LoveYourVeggies.com to help educate parents and arm them with the tools they need to make meal time healthier and more harmonious.

Harmon was on the Nate Berkus show, and one of the first questions that Nate asked her was, "What does living well mean to you and your family?"  Harmon's response, "I sort of have a motto, if you're not happy at home you're not happy anywhere else...so you have to eat healthy..."

I totally agree with what she said and if you are arguing with your kids every day just to get them to eat their veggies it doesn't make for a happy meal time.  The segment was very informative and there were some fun and inventive ways to get kids to eat their veggies.  It is so important to teach our kids about making healthy choices because we are not with them when they navigate the school cafeteria or are at a friend's house.  The goal is to get kids to choose healthy on their own.

Studies show that kids will eat more veggies if they are involved in the process whether the process is growing the veggies, dipping the veggies or helping in the preparation of the food.

Personally I have experienced this with my daughter.  Since the time she was three she loves to be in the kitchen helping me cook.  Her favorite food is pasta and meatballs and sometimes it is difficult to get her to experiment with a new food.



Angie Harmon with Nate Berkus
Recently I was making stew and asked if she wanted to help.  She reminded me that she doesn't like stew but decided to help anyway.  When we sat down to dinner she actually said, "This stew I made is delicious!"  Did I correct her and say, "We made it together."  No, I didn't.  I was so happy she ate one bowl I thought that was worth the credit.

So today check out LoveYourVeggies.com and introduce your family to some fun and healthy recipes!

Angie Harmon is living well, are you?


To get more information about healthy eating:

http://loveyourveggies.com/


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Eat your veggies and fruit every day because beauty really does start on the inside!  So the next time you slather on your night cream and serum ask yourself, "Did I eat my veggies today? Am I Living Well?"

No comments:

Post a Comment