Friday, March 25, 2011

It's All About Orange

DVF
at Neiman Marcus
Style Shout Out to Spring and all of the beautiful colors blooming inside and out.  And this season, inside your closet,  it's all about orange.

Love it or hate it, orange is everywhere this season.  Following trends I knew it was coming yet as I was organizing my closet yesterday I realized that I only own one piece of orange clothing.  It is my Jackie cardigan from J Crew and I have to admit that while I love it, I don't reach for it as often as my Michelle cardigan or my Splendid wraps that are more neutral shades of taupe and black.

Watching the Today show this morning Natalie Morales was interviewing Cindi Leive, the Editor-In-Chief of Glamour magazine.  The topic was Spring fashion trends which included the 70's look, hem lines dropping, and orange.  Orange played a major role on the runways of fashion week and while orange may seem a bit intimidating, with so many beautiful shades available finding the right shade to suit your skin tone should be relatively easy.

Tory Burch at Saks
So today may be the day I amp up the orange in my wardrobe.  I found the most fabulous Diane von Furstenberg dress at NeimanMarcus.com and like all DVF dresses it is simple in design but I just know from experience that it will be  flattering.  The other dress I found at Saks.com is a classic sheath by Tory Burch.  I love Tory Burch for her bold use of color, and if you like clean lines I don't think this dress will disappoint.

DVF
at Bergdorf Goodman
Another great idea for adding a pop of orange without going all in, is by adding a scarf to your outfit.  BergdorfGoodman.com had a few great choices and I especially liked one by Diane von Furstenberg that had beautiful shades of coral.  This scarf would definitely bring a little black dress right into Spring.

So today go through your closet and while you are making a list of wardrobe items needed for Spring remember, it's all about orange!






My Style Shout Out Tip:   If you're not sure about taking the orange plunge, invite a friend along on your shopping expedition to give you that second opinion.  If you're going to a store like Nordstrom make an appointment with a personal shopper who can really help you find a look that is flattering for you.  And keep in mind that you can incorporate the trend in many different ways.  A tee shirt or a fun necklace are great options!

No comments:

Post a Comment