Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monique Lhullier Is A Treasure Everyday

Mandy Moore at the Golden Globes
Style Shout Out to this week's Tuesday Treasure Monique Lhuillier for designing fabulous!

Monique Lhullier's passion for fashion started when she was a little girl.  Reading about her recently it reminded me of my own eight year old daughter who has been talking about fashion and sketching since she was four.

Lhullier's passion took her to the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FDIM) in Los Angeles where she developed an affinity for evening and wedding gown design.  In 1995 while looking for her own wedding dress Lhullier was surprised at the lack of "fashion" in the design of many bridal gowns.  So in 1996 she turned her passion into a business and launched her first bridal collection which was well received by buyers and fashion editors.

Monique Lhuliier has built a loyal following among Hollywood A-listers including Mandy Moore, Jennifer Lopez and Gwyneth Paltrow and her gowns can regularly be seen on the red carpet.  Carrie Underwood chose Lhullier when she married hockey great Mike Fisher and Reese Witherspoon wore a custom designed Lhullier wedding dress when she married entertainment agent Jim Toth this past weekend.

Recently I was looking for a dress for a very special occasion but unlike Reese Witherspoon searching for the ideal wedding dress, I was searching for the ideal communion dress for my daughter.  Having spent most of my time in the New York area and Southern California my style definitely reflects both of  those places.  When my daughter and I started shopping I thought it would be easy.  We were looking for a quality dress that was classic and simple with clean lines...a dress for a modern princess.  But we found the search more difficult than first anticipated.

The Back of the Dress
While talking to my sister about my dilemma there was a pause in the conversation.  She told me she would call me back in a few and when she did I could hear the excitement in her voice,  "I found it and it looks great!  It's a Monique Lhuliier!"

As it turns out the dress that my sister's flower girl wore at her wedding eleven years ago looks as good today as the day she walked down the aisle.  The dress that I was searching for wasn't in my local Neiman Marcus but in my sister's closet.

Every detail about the dress, from the design to the fabric to the buttons on the back, was perfect.  When my daughter tried on the dress she danced around and said she felt like a real princess.  And,  I will never forget the joy on her face as she said, "I love it Mommy...it's the most awesome dress...ever!"

Thank you Monique Lhullier for quality dresses that bring a smile to those fortunate enough to wear them, and for designs that are not just treasures on Tuesdays but treasures everyday!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Whether you are looking for a dress, a handbag or shoes, quality is key!  My daughter's communion dress looks as good today as the day it was purchased.  And, if you are in the market for a beautiful bridesmaids dress check out ML Monique Lhullier at Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment