Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Color Me InStyle

Style Shout Out to InStyle Magazine for inspiring me with their April issue's pop of color.

InStyle Magazine
For anyone within earshot of a TV over the past few days it is hard to escape the tragedy that is still unfolding in Japan.  The images brought to us by Ann Curry and Anderson Cooper are almost surreal which is why we watch a lot of Food Network,  Disney, American Idol or Stars hockey with my daughter and save the news for later.

While it is important to do what you can as far as donations to the Red Cross and prayers, it is also important to find the bright spots in your day, especially if you have little ones in the house.

One of my bright spots yesterday was sitting on the couch with my daughter who is sick with bronchitis and watching her sketch and draw pictures.  The bright spot was the picture drawing and not the bronchitis.  We just talked and laughed as I watched her create artwork using all of the bright colors of the rainbow.  Simple times and simple treasures.

When I ran out to get the mail there was another bright spot as I saw my April InStyle issue pink and blue sitting amongst a sea of black and white.  I can't tell you how something as simple as a brightly colored magazine cover can be an instant mood booster.  And who can't help but smile when you see Tina Fey - she is the definition of comedy!
Artwork

I spent the next few hours with my daughter drawing and reading and smiling!  So many inspiring trends and colors for Spring.  I had a dress so similar to the cobalt blue Diane von Furstenberg dress on page 200 when I got my first job after college.  So true how things in fashion have a way of reinventing themselves every so many years.

If you don't subscribe to InStyle pick up this issue because it is filled with beautiful colors that will surely put a smile on your face.  Next to the Best of Beauty issue, this one is my favorite!

It even inspired me to re-organize my closet and bring those pops of color to the forefront so you can just Color Me InStyle!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  A Diane von Furstenberg dress is a real investment and the cobalt dress featured in the April issue is a timeless classic that can be dressed up or down.  The versatility of this dress is amazing.  I would pair it with a nude pump to elongate the leg and keep in mind there are many variations of "nude" so try to find the shade that best suits your skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment