Friday, March 18, 2011

Dress Like A Princess!

Style Shout Out to Kate Middleton who dresses for the princess in all of us!

As always, I was watching the Today Show this morning enjoying a cup of Starbucks coffee, brewed at home but still delish.  Finally taking the time to read my April issue of Harper's Bazaar,  I came across a great article about Daniella Helayel who founded Issa which is one of Kate Middleton's favorite designers.  Daniella's story is a great one.  How can you not love a designer who started her label because she was looking for something to wear that she just couldn't find anywhere else?  I am a huge fan of determination and she really seems to have it.

While I was enjoying Bazaar,  Meredith Vieira was reporting from England where there is so much anticipation with the impending Royal Wedding.  It's amazing but it feels like only yesterday that Diana and Charles were married in a beautiful ceremony complete with a coach suited for Cinderella.  Who can forget the amazing train on Lady Diana's gown designed by David and Elizabeth Emanuel?  It was a dress that little girl's playing princess can only dream about, and there it was in real life.  It suited the time and the place and the Princess.

From Bazaar
The story on Today this morning highlighted where Kate and William will live in Wales while he completes his tour of duty with the military.  This simple village with such amazing beauty reminded me of the future princess herself.  There is no denying that Kate Middleton is a rising star in the world of fashion but I love that she, like our own First Lady Michelle Obama, has a unique sensibility about style that is in step with current times.  She seems just as comfortable in high end couture as she does in the blue Issa dress she wore when she and William announced their engagement, or the Nanette dress from Reiss that she wore for her royal engagement picture.  It is so amazing how a dress will sell out when a future princess wears the dress.

I love how Kate is choosing to wear clothes that so many other women can find attainable.  I found the cream Nanette dress at Reiss and am so happy that it is finally available in my size.  Thank you Kate Middleton for giving so many women the opportunity to dress like a princess.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  No matter what you are wearing, wear it with confidence because confidence is the best accessory!

1 comment:

  1. I love Kate Middleton! I am so glad that she and Prince William are getting married! I love her chic modern style. I wonder if we will see her wearing jeans as much though now that she will become a Princess? I for one will be watching the Royal Wedding and I cannot wait!

    XO - Christy

    ReplyDelete